nivo slider image


Machu Picchu: la settima meraviglia del mondo moderno

Visa for travelling in Peru

Are you ready to travel to Peru? In that case we have good news for you. From the USA or Europe you do not need a visa to visit Peru although you need a valid passport for the length of your stay. At your arrival in Lima the officer will stamp your passport and will hand you a white tourist card (known as T.A.M. -Tarjeta de Migracíon Andina): this is your visa to enter Peru. The authorities will grant a tourist visa for up to 90 days if you wish to visit Peru. If you wish to stay for a longer period of time in order to study or to live here you will have to ask the Consulate in your country of residence. Please mind you do not lose the tourist card as otherwise you will need to go to the Immigration Office to replace it – we suggest you make a photocopy in case you lose the original. Furthermore, the tourist card is required if you wish to go on the famous Inca Trail.

When you leave Peru to go back to your country of residence you will have to pay an airport tax of US$ 30.74.